1st October 2008, 12.45 P.M, Anoopshahr bus Stand, Bulandshahr.
"Bhiaya ab to chala lo ab to bus puri bhar gayi", I asked the driver in frustration. Driver ignored and I become silent. After a while bus finally started to move on. I noticed a small guy standing near me and offered some space to him and he sat besides me. knowing the fact that the bus will not take less than 1 and 1/2 hour to reach I was trying to sleep but could not.
Being bore I thought better to talk the small guy.
"bacche kya naam hai?"
"Raju"
"ghar kahan hai" ?
"shivali".
"kaun si class mai ho" ?
"mai padhun naun" ("i dont study")
"kyun" ?
"agli saal te padhango" ("will start from next year").
"abhi kya karte ho" ?
"abhi ek kapde ki dukan pe kaam karun" (currently works at a garment shop)
"kitne saal ke ho, kitne paise milte hai kaam ke" ?
"11, 1000 rupya milain" (11 year old, get 1000 rs for work)
"kaam kyun karte ho, padhte kyun nahi" ?
"agli saal te padhango, mai teesri (3rd) tak padhao; phir papa bimar hai gaye to padhai chor di, agli saal te papa theel ho jange to phir suru kar dango"
(studied till 3rd but now father is not well hence will start from next year)
"Bulandshahr kyun gaye the" ?
"papan tai dawai lene" (to get medicine for father)
"ghar mai aur koi nahi hai kaam karne wale" ?
"na ,bus amma, mummy papa aur mai hun" (No. only grandmother, mother, father and me).
After some more talk I realized his situation. It was so heart-breaking and I wanted to help him but how ??????????
I was helpless, and could not do anything except praying for him.
During the talk I taught him two words, "when to say Hi and bye".
Finally his stand came and he got down. I was watching at him, he looked at me and waving his hand, said; "Hi" :)
Today if I compare I found him very sweet, innocent and more sincere performing his duties, but tomorrow if he couldn't get good education and upbringing and learn wrong means to survive who will be responsible ?
Perhaps me only.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I read the post .....Would say a remarkable effort
ReplyDeleteIt is, of course, always cute when small kids use big words,Millions of our children run away from the youth each year..There aren't enough good, concerned people to go around...and our kids need more help than ever.I wish we'll have more ppl like you sir :)
Regards !
Happy :))
Not u only dost ..... us. Its very hard to find such persons (in this greedy world) who has a real thrust like this... but whenever we encounter someone like him alas! we lost such people and can't help them too. And at last they lost their path ... which I too feel as my personal loss. A true man will never want to lost his dignity and also hard to find as he himself never say anything.
ReplyDelete